The Green To Gold (G2G) Program is for active duty enlisted personnel who wish to become commissioned officers in the Army. If accepted in the G2G program, soldiers are discharged early from active duty to attend college and return to active duty as a commissioned officer after college. The G2G program offers a scholarship and a non-scholarship option. Scholarships are available for 2, 3, and 4 years of college. Application window is 1 October through 1 April. Further information is also available on line at www.armyrotc.com or call 1-800-USA-ROTC.
BENEFITS FOR G2G SCHOLARSHIP WINNER:
- Early discharge from active duty to attend college
- Tuition and fees paid throughout the length of the scholarship.
- 4-year scholarship winners receive free room & board for their freshman year.
- Receive $900 annually for books.
- Receive monthly stipend: ($300 for freshmen, $350 for sophomores, $450 for juniors, and $500 for seniors).
BENEFITS FOR G2G NON-SCHOLARSHIP WINNER:
- Early discharge from active duty
- Can opt to join ARNG or USAR and receive those benefits (see ARNG/USAR Programs)
- U.S. citizen
- Less than 27 at graduation (extended to 30 with 3 or more years service)
- Less than 32 at graduation (non-scholarship)
- 110 GT score
- Letter of Acceptance from university
- Letter of Acceptance from Professor of Military Science
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5(scholarship) or 2.0(non-scholarship)
- Favorable recommendation from chain-of-command
- No civil convictions other than minor traffic violations
- Minimum 2-years active duty
- Eligible to reenlist
- Cannot be sole parent with custody
- Pass APFT
- Meet height/weight standards
- Pass medical exam
Upon graduation from UCF, the cadet will be commissioned as a 2LT and serve on active duty for 4 years if a scholarship recipient and 2 years if non-scholarship.
All cadets are required to take one ROTC course per quarter (see curriculum) and a lab. The time commitment is approximate 5-7 hours weekly. Incoming freshmen will take all 4 years of Army ROTC. Incoming sophomores will take 3 years and incoming juniors will take 2 years of Army ROTC.